Saturday, Nov 11th
Sunday, Nov 12th
1. A weather delay pushed this Regional Final to Friday, and No. 7 Rudyard rose to a challenge coming back from dropping the first set to down Pellston in four in Class D – Sault Ste. Marie Evening News
2. Also pushed to Friday, honorable mention Munising came back after losing the first two sets to defeat Carney-Nadeau in five in Class D – Escanaba Daily Press A weather delay pushed this Regional Final to Friday, and No. 7 Rudyard rose to a challenge coming back from dropping the first set to down Pellston in four in Class D – Sault Ste. Marie Evening News
3. Novi’s Erin O’Leary was named this season’s Miss Volleyball Award winner on the eve of her team’s Class A Quarterfinal against honorable mention Temperance Bedford; Novi is the reigning champ and ranked No. 2 – Observer & Eccentric
4. Class C top-ranked Bronson is plenty familiar with tonight’s Quarterfinal opponent, No. 2 Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central – Sturgis Journal
5. Class B No. 4 Niles is hoping to add to its first District and Regional titles with a first Quarterfinal win, over No. 3 Lake Odessa Lakewood – Niles Daily Star
6. Class A No. 3 Grand Rapids Christian downed top-ranked Rockford in the Regional, a big step as the Eagles pursue their first MHSAA championship in the sport with No. 4 DeWitt up next – FOX17
Traverse City West’s Anika Dy was named Miss Golf for the second time by the Michigan Interscholastic Golf Coaches Association – Traverse City Record-Eagle
Coldwater’s Shuaib Aljabaly and Lansing Catholic’s Olivia Theis were named Mr. Cross Country and Miss Cross County, respectively, by the Michigan Interscholastic Track Coaches Association – Coldwater Daily Reporter
1. The first games of the season can be played today, and Petoskey is among teams anticipating a return to the ice – Petoskey News-Review
2. As part of its hockey preview, the Livingston Daily Press & Argus highlighted Mr. Hockey candidates Josh Albring of Hartland and Adam Conquest of Brighton – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
3. Allen Park Cabrini enjoyed a productive opener, downing Flat Rock/Airport 6-2 – Southgate News Herald
Girls Swimming & Diving:
1. Honorable mention Spring Lake will send 10 athletes to the Lower Peninsula Division 3 Finals, including three divers – Grand Haven Tribune
2. Hamilton standout Paige Kuhn is banking on a strong finish in the final meet of her high school career – Holland Sentinel
3. Gaylord sophomore Grace Wambier is a school record holder and hopes to add to her accomplishments at the Division 3 Finals – Gaylord Herald Times
4. No. 7 Brighton is aiming to claim the Division 1 team championship with arguably its strongest assemblage of experienced contenders under coach Jason Black – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
Longtime coach Thaier Mukhtar has resigned as Fraser’s boys coach with nearly 600 wins there and at Warren DeLaSalle – MLive-Detroit
We’ve posted a few girls basketball previews, and this look at Holland West Ottawa is the first boys hoops story we’ve seen this fall; practice began Monday – FOX17
Special thanks to:
Boys and Girls interested in joining the Waterford United Ski Team, please Email
Coach Shurmur at Shurms01@wsdmi.org ASAP!
November 13th at 7pm in the LGI room.
Open to all girls interested in playing softball for Mott.
We will discuss winter workouts, winter conditioning, tryouts & spring schedule and meet the coaches.
Saturday brought another memorable day at the MHSAA State Finals for the girls and boys of Waterford Mott!
The girls’ team ran to their second-best finish ever at the State Finals, finishing 14th in Division 1. Their efforts were led Rylee Robinson who ran the second-fastest 5k in Mott girl’s history, posting a 17:34.8 and finishing 3rd. Katie Osika also earned all-state honors with a 23rd place finish and an 18:15. Senior Kate Petsch came up big with a season PR 19:48, freshman Makayla Fuerst ran a 40-sec PR (20:00.3), Ashley Carver battled her way to complete our scoring in 20:28, Madi Papenhagen broke 21:00 for the first time (20:55), and Angela Peterson matched her excellent regional performance with a 21:16.
Hunter Fougner ran a new personal best with a time of 16:32.7 (95th), and Noah Fuerst finished 167th with a 17:03 after 3-4 storm delays, with standing water on the course and falling temps.
Academic All-State: The girls were awarded first-team Academic All-State with a combined team average of 3.816. They average the highest five GPA’s of the seven runners (freshmen are not eligible). Our highest five unweighted GPA’s were Angela Peterson (4.000), Ashley Carver (3.926), Rylee Robinson (3.813), Katie Osika (3.789), and Madi Papenhagen (3.480). Rylee Robinson, Katie Osika, and Hunter Fougner (3.863) also earned individual academic all-state honors because they had over a 3.5 and finished in the top half of the field. Angela Peterson earned academic all-state honors as well (finishing anywhere in the field with a perfect 4.0).
Full results can be found at https://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/Boys-Cross-Country/2017-Finals.
Fun fact: the reporter covering the MHSAA State XC Finals for Detroit News happened to be my brother—find his article here: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/11/04/girls-cross-country-finals/107350794/
We so appreciate every call, text, all of the family and alumni who came to watch, the trips made by Principal Riggs and Allison Sartorius, and the clap-out from our building. The support and encouragement means so much to these student-athletes.
Thank you all for making every day a great day to be a Corsair!
Here’s a preview of this week’s events for Waterford Mott High School, November 6 – November 12
|TBA||Girls Varsity Swimming
Last Chance Meet @ Mott Pool – Concessions
Nothing more to add at this time. Make it the best week ever!
Tuesday, November 14th
Wednesday, November 15th
4pm to 6pm
You must have a current physical and concussion awareness form
on file to tryout!
First day of practice for the Waterford United Boys Swim team is Monday, November 20th at 3pm.
We practice at Mott pool.
You must have a current physical and concussion awareness form on file to practice on November 20th.
Please contact Coach Brad if you have any questions at email@example.com